Health and Safety Manager- Greater Sudbury
William Day Construction Limited is currently recruiting in Greater Sudbury for a Health and Safety Supervisor with a strong Construction background. You will provide Health, Safety and Environmental technical and function support to company operations. Assist in performing hazard assessments, workplace inspection, applicable legislation and internal protocols. Compose FLRA, JHA PHR’s and others as required. Interpreting applicable health and safety legislation. Assure compliance with the client’s safety requirements (STATS), perform internal audits and support and assist in incident investigations. Assist with Client Bids by providing safety packages. Create company safety policies and procedures and update as required. Attend events when needed. Act as company liaison with the MOL when conducting investigations.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible, goal-oriented, and able to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to assume responsibility and to communicate effectively with others
- Previous experience and knowledge of the mining, construction and transportation industry is preferred.
- Excellent organization and planning skills to prioritize and balance work
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficient
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Day offers a competitive wage package, along with excellent health benefits and pension opportunities. Our commitment to employees extends to include other employment benefits, including our Employee Assistance Program, our active Employee Social Club, discounted gym memberships and insurance because of our partnerships in the communities we live and work in.
- Permanent Full Time
- Social Club, Benefits and Pension Plan available
- Greater Sudbury
- Salary is negotiable to commensurate with experience and verifiable track record