Commercial Tire Technician- Greater Sudbury
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, the Tire Technician works with our team in the shop to ensure the safe and efficient use, care, and maintenance of the tires on our tractor and trailer fleet.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Removing and installing tires on Tractor Trailers and Construction equipment
- Rotating tires to increase tread wear
- Retorquing wheel nuts from all branch units as needed from previous repairs
- Yard checks
- Performing on road tire repairs as needed to reduce and better manage outside vendor expenses
- Performing air checks & Torques
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area
- 2-3 years of commercial or fleet tire experience
- Valid Driver’s license and transportation to and from work required.
- Tire Technician Certifications and / or working knowledge of OTR, and specialty tire services and wheels an asset but not mandatory.
- Permanent Full Time
- Social Club, Benefits and Pension Plan available
- Greater Sudbury location