IT Support Representative- Sudbury
William Day Construction Limited, is looking to fill the position of IT Support Representative. The candidate will be responsible for providing internal IT support; consisting of mobile device and computer setup/management, hardware maintenance and general troubleshooting. This position will provide technical advice and assistance to employees under the general direction of the IT Systems Engineer.
- Attention to Detail, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Time Management with the ability to prioritize duties/ tasks at hand.
- Willingness to learn and keep up with new technologies from time to time
- Problem Solving skills to enable effective break down of a situation into smaller pieces, to identify key issues in a logical and analytical method in order to solve problems as they arise.
- Continuous Improvement to develop and improve job responsibilities through required skills and increasing knowledge.
- Taking telephone or email inquiries; troubleshooting to provide daily first-level technical support to internal employees.
- Providing support for Microsoft operating systems and programs as well other common small business applications.
- Remotely accessing workstations/mobile devices to perform necessary maintenance, solve PC hardware, software, or minor network problems.
- Provide troubleshooting and support for internet connectivity and email issues as they arise.
- Maintaining and updating virus protection on desktops, and other software installation as required.
- Setup and Maintenance of mobility devices, utilization of MDM software. Configuration of workstations
- Fix and repair printers, scanners and other peripheral devices as required.
- Assisting with network administrative services (Passwords, Email Accounts, Troubleshooting, and Security)
- Keeping a record of documentation of resolutions for future reference
Experience & Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in the field of IT or Computer Science.
- A+ Certification is mandatory. CCNA/MCSA is an asset.
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory, Windows 10, Server 2016, Exchange, Hyper-V, WDS, and Office 365 services.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an IT Technical support role mainly focused on troubleshooting issues with PC hardware and software.
- Experience with MDM solutions such as Maas360 is required.
- Configuration and deployment of iPhones, Android devices and Tablets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 40 hours per week- Monday to Friday with the possibility of staggered hours to compensate for maintenance windows
- Permanent Full Time
- Social Club